Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Daily Challenge Day 2

Make a copy of the document and save it into your other folder. 
Research to find the answers.

Questions
Your Answer
  1. What is the name of the stretch of water that separates the South Island and Stewart Island?
Foveaux strait
  1. Name two Kiwi rock bands formed by the Finn Brothers?
The mullanes split enz 
  1. In Maori the word ‘Ara’ means path or road. List three Place names with this prefix. 
(e.g. Aranui)
Aramoana  ararata aratapu
  1. Name the only bird to have nostrils at the end of its beak.
Kiwi 
  1. List three things visitors like to do in Rotorua.
Visit maori village /zipline adventure/gondola rides   
  1. Which New Zealander won the 2005 United States Golf Open?
Michael campbell 
  1. Who were Ches N’ Dale?
They were cartoon characters and there cheese is called chesdale 
  1. Name the river that flows through Christchurch.
Avon river
  1. Who sang the 1984 hit song ‘Poi E’?
Patea maori club 
  1. Who is the “Mad Butcher”?
Peter charles

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kihi-O-Tonga, it's fantastic that you've done a couple of daily challenges and blogged them. Did you know any of the answers? I tip for next time, keep the font the same so that we can read the questions and what you've written properly.
    Miss McLeod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great work Kihi-O-Tonga, you've researched your answers well. I've learnt a few new facts, like the Mad Butcher being Peter Charles, sounds very proper and English and not very mad at all!!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post