Pages

Friday, April 17, 2020

Daily Challenge - day 3

 it into your other folder. 
Research to find the answers.

Questions
Your Answer
  1. Which is the highest mountain in NZ?
Mount cook 
  1. What was Jean Batten famous for?
World breaker solo pilot  
  1. What is the Maori name for the North Island?
Te ika a maui 
  1. Which flightless nocturnal parrot is one of New Zealand's rarest birds?
Kiwi 
  1. Which was the first international airport in New Zealand?
christchurch /opened on 18 may 1914
  1. Team New Zealand first won the America’s Cup in which year?
1995
  1. What gift was given to Prince William on his first visit to New Zealand?
Buzzy bee toy 
  1. What town lies on the banks of the largest lake in New Zealand?
taupo
  1. Who is the New Zealand cartoonist who created ‘Footrot Flats’?
Murray ball 
  1. Kate Sheppard features on the $10.00 note. What contribution did she make to New Zealand?
She was a leader to fight for women in nz to vote. 

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Kihi-O-Tonga. How are you finding the daily challenges? I have been doing a few as well and I find that I need to look quite a few up. Which ones are you finding easy? Make sure you remember to use capitals when speaking about places like Christchurch and Taupo.
    Great effort !!
    Miss Butler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kihi-O-Tonga, It is great to see you doing the daily challenges and that you have posted some to your blog. What fact did you find most interesting today? I like the one about Foot Root Flats because I remember watching the movie with my Grandad with I was younger. I look forward to seeing you next blog post.
    Miss McClelland

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post