Pages

Monday, April 20, 2020

Monday 20 April daily challenge - day 4 ...


Questions
Your Answer
Name the two harbours which border Auckland city.

The manukau and the Waitemata
Glenn Martin is an inventor. What did he design and what are some of the things this could be used for?

Jetpack to go to work

Questions
Your Answer
  1. Name the two harbours which border Auckland city.
The manukau and the Waitemata
  1. Glenn Martin is an inventor. What did he design and what are some of the things this could be used for?
Jetpack to go to work and school. 
  1. In Maori the word ‘Awa’ means river. List three Place names with this prefix. 
awakairangi/awakaponga/awanui
  1. What highly endangered New Zealand animal is a ‘Whio’?
It is a duck/blue duck
  1. Where is the New Zealand Rugby Museum located?
Te Papaioea
Palmerston North 
  1. Which swimmer won three bronze medals at the 2013 World Championships?
Lauren Boyle 
  1. Who produced the ‘Sure to Rise’ Cookbook?
Thomas Edmons
  1. Name the Northland town that has the oldest store.
The stone store
  1. Name the actor who made her debut in the film “Whale Rider” and was nominated for a number of awards?
Keisha Castle - Hughes
  1. When was the ‘Treaty of Waitangi’ signed?
6 february 1840


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kihi-O-Tonga, great to see you have given the daily challenge a go. Tau kē! I always enjoy learning new facts - especially about the people and places of Aotearoa. What was your favourite part about this activity? Have you joined in on a google hangout meeting yet?
    Miss Williamson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morena kihi-O-Tonga, awesome work with the challenge. I look forward to seeing more of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post